Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday

I know that I am a few hours early for my Thursday post. But here it is....for all of you children of the 80's!

I am an 80's Child

Gone are the days of peterpan getaway boots, big hair, rubber bangles, neon clothes and fanny packs. I think we can all agree that the 80's were a fun decade to grow up in. We had the kewl music, funky fashion where pretty much anything went, we had the decade that Madonna made a name for herself. So I figured for nostalgic purposes I would compile a list of fun 80's things that might just take you into the wayback machine like it does for me. I still have those "moments" where I blare some 80's tunes and geek out.

So anyhow...here are some things that may take you back.

One Hit Wonders of the 80's

Gary Numan - Cars 1980
The Vapors - Turning Japanese 1980
Sugar Hill Gange - Rapper's Delight 1980
Devo - Whip it 1980
Bow Wow Wow want Candy 1982
Toni Basil - Micky 1982
Soft Cell - Tainted Love 1982
Waitresses - I know what Boys Like 1982
Kajagoogoo - Too Shy 1983
Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen 1983
After the Fire - Der Kommissar 1983
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax 1984
Nena - 99 Luft Balloons 1984
Autograph - Turn up the Radio 1985
Dr and the Medics - Spirit in the Sky - 1986
Baltimora - Tarzan Boy 1986
Timbuk 3 - The Future's so Bright 1986
T'Pau - Heart and Soul (yes I own this cd lol) 1987
Club Nouveau - Lean on me 1987
MARRS - Pump up the Volume 1988
Midnight Oil - Beds are Burning (I attended a MNO concert lol) 1988
Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry, Be Happy 1988
Sheriff - When I'm with You 1989
Belle Stars - Iko Iko 1989

80's Toys (funny how a lot regained popularity recently):

Rainbow Brite
Teddy Ruxpin
Pound Puppies
Poppels
Baby Heather (my sister had one...she ripped its head off because it creeped her out lol)
Cabbage Patch Kids
Hello Kitty
Carebears
He-Man & She-Ra
Ewoks
Fraggles
Hugga Bunch
Wuzzles (I had Bumble Lion lol)
Transformers


We wore neon so bright we could have landed planes, all the girls wanted to BE Madonna, we made our parents fight tooth and nail so we could have a Cabbage Patch doll for Xmas, we sang along with the Thompson Twins, we wore big ass earrings....we were COOL!!!


Children of the 80's Unite!!!

8 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Heck yeah, sista!!! So many awesome memories of the 80's!

Unknown said...

Wow, did I ever just have a flashback!

April said...

I loved the 80's. I still listen to a lot of those songs on your list!

Leslie said...

that's like totally awesome! I love the 80s...man I want most of those songs on that list now too!

Robyn said...

Yep the 80's rocked! I've been finding myself downloading a lot of 80's stuff lately. And I tivoed the karate kid tonite. and breakfast club was on last friday, so totally awesome.

Kristin K Stock said...

YES.....here I am......The 80's ROCKED!! :)

jenny said...

i love the 80's! i was born in '81 - but i probably have most of them tunes downloaded. we used to have dance off's at parties and 80's hits were all the rave.

i'm sure glad 80's fashion is long gone - for now! :)

Laura S. said...

totally fun!!