Tuesday, February 26, 2008

1 sick kid....2 sick kids.....

It has NOT been a fun week in this household. Started off as ds getting a nasty ass cough and stuffy nose followed by a lowgrade fever that went away fairly quickly. BUT he was lethargic and did not eat much at all for a few days. 2 sick days from school and one missed karate class we figure ok we will take him into the clinic. Well doesn't dd start to get sick too. Only she gets worse than he does. She ended up with an ear infection on top of this nasty cold.

I have spend the last 6 days up to my ears in phlem, fevers, lethargy (is that even a word? lol), vomitting because ds gags on the phlem and bam...puke city. And now I am getting it. FUN!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Now I sent ds to school today since it the cough and runny nose have calmed down. They had a supply teacher there who told him that his mother should have kept him home. I felt like calling that woman and saying "Listen! He has been home for 5 days....this is the tail end of it and I am sorry if his cough is disrupting you but he can NOT afford to miss any more school. PLUS he isnt any sicker than 50% of his class right now." I am sure his cough will last a lot longer too. Seems that whatever is going around is sticking around in the form of a cough for atleast a week or two. NO way is he missing school for that long.

Anyhow...they are starting to feel better thankfully. DD is on meds and is showing a bit more spirit. I really hope I don't get it! Or watch...I will be sick for March Break.

Ok...on a different note. We had a contractor in to have a look and give us a quote on the basement. So it looks like this is probably going to be on the go in a few weeks. Hopefully it won't run too much over than what we have saved. It would be nice to have the basement done so that the kids have more room to play.

Thats about it for now. I have other thoughts in my head but I need to really sit down and be able to pay attention and put some thought into what I type. Just cant do it right now.

1 comment:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Everyone I knwo everywhere is or has been sick in the past few weeks! I am just getting over the icky poo-poo flu myself...YUCK. I better not get a cold now too!