Monday, July 06, 2009

Family Update


Well, I let this blog go a month without posting again. I suck bad. A few things have happened other than me being overly excited about the above picture lol:


Brent got a new job. He has made the move to Bell with a higher base salary and more perks. I think this is going to be a good thing for him. He has more opportunity to advance and to do what he likes to do. Very proud of him...he had the balls to leave his old job of 15 years (he is a creature of habit so this is a big thing lol). He was good enough that Bell sought him out....so he should be proud of himself too!


Logan graduated from 2nd grade! YAY Logan! He got out with only 2 C's, 8 B's and 4 A's! He is pretty happy to be out on summer vacation right now. We are taking the summer off of karate for him as well. He was getting bored with it...so we put his membership on hold for a couple of months until he makes up his mind if he wants to continue training or not.


Lacy got her letter from school last week welcoming her to Kindergarten. I cried...yeah I am a dork. She is so excited. She practices writing her name, her cutting with scissors and her ABC's a lot. She can almost write her own name without any prompting now. My baby is only 3 and is going to school....sniffle.


I am so excited about our trip back to P.E.I.. I can NOT wait! Seeing my family again, spending time at the beach, eating lobster/clams/mussels/oysters until it comes out of my ears....ahhhhhhhhh the times I will have lol. The kids are pretty excited about going. We will be celebrating my mom's 50th birthday while we are there. It's going to be a good partay!


Still have yet to do any of the "home improvements" I had planned on doing. OH well....such is life I guess. I wanted to either get interlock laid down out in the back yard or a deck built but now with the money we have to drop on replacing our front doors. I did, however, get a small raised garden bed made and planted. The kids and I are growing some cucumbers, green beans and hot peppers. I also have a couple tomato plants in pots and some herbs growing in pots out back. I got some chives and mint from my neighbor as well. Oh and we were able to harvest a few handfuls of strawberries off of Logan's plant this year. It is spreading like crazy. Next year we should get more.


That's about it for now...or this post will read like a novel. Cheers!


5 comments:

Nancyroo said...

I wanna come to PEI with you. Can I? Pleeease?

Lori Petticrew said...

love the new look!

Kimberly said...

The blog is looking awesome!

Patti H said...

love your new blog look Stacy. Congrats to your hubby on the new job! Wow your baby can not be old enough for school yet!

Cheri Pryor said...

Wow. Sounds like things are hopping at your house. busy-busy! Your new blog layout rocks...maybe that means you'll be updating more? lol!