Sunday, July 12, 2009

Holy Snakeboy and Lightning Girl!

My kids are such goobers...yes I know they come by it honestly! lol My mom stopped in this morning with some new bubble swords, badminton rackets and a face painting kit. Of course they could NOT wait to get into it.

First we went to the farmers market. We all shared fries from the chip truck and had a good time. They actually had some buskers at the market. It was nice to hear music playing. One guy had this Chinese instrument, one had a violin (he was really good...raising money for university) and another Aussie guy had a didgery doo or whatever that freaky looking thing is called lol. Then we hit Dairy Queen on our way home for some ice cream. Logan had his first Blizzard...it was a hit.

Then home to play in the kiddy pool for a while. After that....my kids decided to become superheroes! Logan was Snakeboy and Lacy was Lightning Girl. She insisted on doing her own face paint....we managed to get a star and lightning on her though since she couldn't get it right herself lol. Anyhoooo, here are some pictures of the first adventure of Snakeboy and Lightning Girl.




Then there was my ham out in the backyard the other evening.



And on a shitty note....my mom is moving. I had reserved myself that the job in New Brunswick was no longer in play anymore but apparently it still was. She will be leaving for a year atleast...in less than a month. Not happy about this at all but what can I do really? I just hope she holds true to her word to come back for a long weekend every couple of months. I haven't told the kids yet. *sigh*

5 comments:

Nancyroo said...

they are just too adorable!

Kimberly said...

you guys have so much fun! You babies are such little cuties.

Lin said...

You have the cutest kids! Your blog looks real pretty too!

Patti H said...

oh what fun face painting kits for the kids. Hmmmm I will have to remember that! Lacy is so stinkin cute. Logan looks like he means business with his mask and snake. too cute!!

Cheri Pryor said...

Okay...so how stinkin' cute are your kids? lol! How great it is that they can have so much fun with somthing as simple as a face-painting kit? YAY!!