Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Welcome to the family Melvin!



I haven't updated my blog in a while...things have just been a mess with my stepdad's brain tumour and my uncle's prognosis being so bleak. But there is a light in my life right now...and that light is a big ol' black cat named Melvin.

We adopted Melvin through the Toronto Cat Rescue on April 19th. I had been surfing the site and looking at all the cute furry faces for a week trying to decide which cats we would like to go meet. Melvin just stood out from all the rest...to the point that once we saw him that was it! He was destined to come home with us. He is almost six years old...yes my friends, I said six. I feel he was probably overlooked quite often due to his colour and age. Poor dude.....it certainly wasn't because of his personality because he is one LOVEY cat!

Melvin has spent the past week adjusting...slowly but surely. He is afraid of the rabbit though. Here I was worried about him getting along with Ripley, the dog. Nope...Melvy rubs up against the dog and purrs so no worries there. But he will NOT go on the main floor for more than a few seconds and B lines it around the rabbit's hutch. Mom is going to take the rabbit for a week to see if it makes any difference to Melvin. Time will tell!

Anyhow, he is just the sweetest cat ever. He has claimed Logan's room as his bedroom and has a spot next to my son's head all picked out. Nightly routine is that Logan reads to Melvin and gives him some snuggles and they both go to sleep. It is pretty stinkin' cute!

What else is new....Lacy is all registered for JK in the fall! Yikes! She has to go to a couple of orientations still....a bus one and an open house type thing at the school. Logan turned 8...I will post pics of the cake here too. He had such a fun time at his party.

Thats it in a nutshell for the moment...going to try to blog more now. Less message boards more blogging. I need the free therapy. lol

5 comments:

Yankee said...

Melvin is gorgeous and that cake is spectacular.

Patti H said...

STacy that is so neat that Melvin has been saved. Wow Logans cake rocks. You made it right? You should see the treasure chest I made for Max it is pathetic next to yours. You should sell you cakes! JK for Lacey crap wasn't she just born?
Glad to hear you are going to be blogging more!! YAH

Cheri Pryor said...

Melvin is a cutie for sure!! Isn't it fabulous when an adopted pet just "fits" so great? Glad he is happy. And that party looks ROCKIN'!!

Lacey is starting pre-k already? Dang! Where's the time go...

Patti H said...

Glad you decided to start blogging more STacy I have been stalking here and nope nothing!! LOL HOpe all is well

Michele and Thomas said...

Melvin is adorable. He kinda looks like Callie! Sorry to hear that your having family health issues! My thoughts are with you and your family, Stacy!