Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Water for Dixie



As many of you who know me know...I have been helping to do little projects here and there for a small village in Sabi Sands, South Africa called Dixie.

Now I am calling out my friends to help. No money or donations involved....just a few minutes of your time. Amazee is holding a project contest and the winner(s) of this contest get money to help with their projects. Wild Earth has had 4 this year....so all 4 projects even though three of them are past are still eligible. All money won goes directly to Dixie and the water project.

Dixie has access to water....but it is at a communal pump. Women and children make many trips a day to this pump to fill up huge drums for daily needs. Drinking, washing and cooking. WE want to help pipe the water from these wells directly to the homes or to as many homes as WE can. Helping to make Dixie more self sufficient is our goal with this and with future projects.

So if you can take a few minutes from your day and go to http://www.amazee.com/ to join for free....throw up an avatar in your profile (only those members with avatars will be counted towards the contest) and then join all 4 of Wild Earth's projects:

Water for Dixie
Kids at Dixie
Christmas at Dixie
Wild Earth TV

Thanks so much everyone who has already supported any of the Wild Earth projects I have been going on and on about lately. This village is special to me and full of people who have gotten under my skin and into my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Stacy!