Friday, December 19, 2008

Most awesome snowday


It is one of those days...where you just have to grin from ear to ear. We woke up this morning to a snowday. Logan's last day of school before their winter break and bam...snowstorm. So okay you wouldn't think that was awesome...you know, shovelling, the cold etc. But even with the kids bugging at 10am to go play in the blizzard...things were just nice. Brent is on holidays as well so everyone is home today. Normally not a GOOD thing lol.


So...after lunch of yummy left over homemade pizza, we relented and went out to play in the snow. Keep in mind it is still a blizzard out there but hey we are the cool parents right? lol So after about 45 mins everyone was frozen...so in we came for hot chocolate with marshmallows (jasmine tea and honey for me and just marshmallows straight up for Lacy lol).



Then after warming up we went downstairs to watch "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". Now that may not mean much to anyone else but right now Logan and I are reading all of the Chronicles of Narnia books together at bedtime. So this was a pretty special movie for him. He amazes me sometimes....he really does. He was so into this film...he was crying and just so darn excited during some parts....and very sad or angry at others. There were tears of anger, joy and sorrow in that movie and Logan shed some for each of those emotions. Seriously, he was so emotional that I got emotional watching him. He begged me to tell him through his tears that Aslan wasn't really dead. I wiped away his tears and we cuddled under a warm blanket to find out.


Lacy and Brent didn't watch the whole thing....Lacy got bored and Brent got paged. So that left Logan and I for some good mommy and son time. It was amazing. I got teary watching him watch the movie. He is very excited to read more into the series now. AND he is going to freak out on Christmas morning when he sees that we got Prince Caspian on Bluray.


Life today...is good.

6 comments:

Patti H said...

awwwww Stacy what a better way to spend a snow day. It is still snowing here. STay warm

Yankee said...

What a great day!

Anonymous said...

That does sound like a wonderful day!

Cassandra said...

Sounds like a fun day. I love the new look of your blog!

Leslie said...

sounds like a wonderful day for you! Love those movies! They are supposed to do the Dawn Treader for the next movie.

Cheri Pryor said...

I LOVE those books!! I've been looking for them at the used book store because I want to re-read them. I haven't read them since I was little.

Sounds like your little dude is as cute as can be with a heart that is huge. Glad your day was wonderful.

btw...lovin the new blog background!