Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I jumped on the Twilight bandwagon



Well, I finally succumbed to the temptation. People have been raving about this series of books for a while and well I guess peer pressure does work! lol I have been a fan of vampire books for a long time but I was unsure about this series...mostly leary of all the hype that surrounded the book and now the movie. But I can say I was very surprised...I very much enjoyed reading it. Ok well I am not DONE the series yet...I still have the last two books to go. But I did finish the first two in 4 days.

Without spoiling anything for anyone...I will recommend this book for teenage girls and women alike. To me it is a story about love, a very difficult and complicated love between two people only it happens one of those people happens to be a vampire. It isn't a literary marvel that will astonish you with it's complexity...but it IS a very good series of books that are very engaging.

I will say that I WILL be getting the next two books and I will probably reread this series. It's a very quick read but very entertaining. I won't compare them to Anne Rice.....two VERY different styles. But I won't poo poo Stephanie Meyer's style either. Her writing appeals to both the younger audience and older. Edward, I think, appeals to all. :)

4 comments:

Patti H said...

Is this where you have been few the last few days! I got my girlfriend hooked on them too. I have not read them yet. Are you going to see the movie too?

Anonymous said...

Okay, different style than Rice . . . but still very cool. I have got them yet, but I plan to soon.

Lori Petticrew said...

so glad you joined the bandwagon and love it

Leslie said...

they are sitting here waiting for me to start them! I have got to finish my current book first though!