Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oil Cleansing Method


Ok at first it may sound like a horrible colon cleansing thing or something...I assure you it isn't! lol http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/


This is for your skin. I have always had skin issues....and I have also had problems committing to a regime because frankly sometimes I don't have 20 minutes a day to spend treating my face nor do I want to because most facial cleansers irritate my skin. So when someone on a message board brought this OCM up I was like "hmmmm I am going to try this". So off I went to go get my castor oil and an extra thing of EVOO that I could keep upstairs just for my face. So I mixed up my oils at a 25% castor to 75% olive oil and followed the instructions. Boy did my face ever feel good after my first cleanse.


The rest of the next week and a half pretty much went the same way. My face finally felt CLEAN and soft and the general texture was improving. My pores were shrinking and my zits were going away. So....just being the skeptic I am...I decided to try to go off the cleanse for a week. You know, just to see if it really was the oil cleansing doing the work or if I was just having a good skin week. By day 4, I had a huge painful zit on my chin and my problem areas were starting to break out again.


Back on the cleanse I go! I am sold on this...AND it is all natural. No harmful chemicals going on your skin or into the environment. I am researching to see if adding tea tree oil is ok...since I have sensitive, acne prone skin.


Now with this being said...another friend of mine says it dried out her skin badly. She even skipped the steaming portion and just took a warm cloth to gently wipe the oils from her skin. So I guess it depends on the person.


Anyhow I figured I would share this info! :)
Oh and a bit of olive oil rubbed into dry skin works awesomely too. And also in VERY teeny amounts...you rub in between your hands and run your hands through the dry spots of your hair. My sister does this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried this yet, but I want to. Thanks for the link.

Becky said...

oooh I didn't know you did this!

Makes your skin awesome huh? I had pretty good skin actually already but it really makes it even smoother and softer than I imagined.

Cheri Pryor said...

Intriguing....I have a son this may work well for...

Jennifer said...

How often do you do it, Stacy? I am intrigued, too, although I have to admit that some of the description of the relaxation and the visualization might be what is appealing to me. LOL

Lori Petticrew said...

what? my mil has been doing this for decades....cool!