Thursday, May 08, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday

First of all I need to say happy birthday to my sister....so...Happy Birthday Pissy Chrissy!

So now...for my thoughts for Thursday.

Manners

I am not a manners Nazi but I do insist that my kids say please, thank you and excuse me. And that they do not chew with their mouths open etc. Kids are kids and sometimes they do forget...but it's the ADULTS who can't manage to say thank you when a thank you is warranted that bothers me.

Someone holds a door for you...say thank you. Someone does you a favour...even if it's something very small or minor....say thank you. Someone gives you something they think you need or may want....say thank you!! Is it that hard? Why is it that manners seem to be lost in this day and age. Are we THAT self absorbed that you can't take 3 seconds out of your day to be grateful to someone and verbalize it?

Oh and how about that ever elusive "excuse me"? Have we forgotten those words? If I am in your way, instead of ramming your cart into the back of my legs....say excuse me! Jeeze! And if I say excuse me...don't look at me like I have two heads and ignore my request...move your ass out of my way please. Nope...instead they stand there acting like I was rude to have asked for them to excuse me and shift over so I can pass by...somehow I am inconveniencing them.

And the adults who insist on smacking and making nasty noises while eating. OK whatever...if you do it at home and no one is there to hear you...I can deal with that. But if you are out in public please refrain from eating with your mouth wide open...I do NOT need to see or hear your food please!!

What happened to manners? Just the basic manners even....so here is my challenge to you...make it a point to say please, thank you and excuse me. Make it a point to respect other people as you would like to be respected. That is all....

6 comments:

Cheri Pryor said...

Thanks for the reminder! (See? I'm using my manners already)

I just farted. Excuse me.

Lori Petticrew said...

lmao!
and excuse me i don't see me on your blog list. thanks for adding it

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I agree, Stacy!!! It bugs me too! Some people are so ungrateful :(

Robyn said...

I agree, though sometimes I try to squeeze by with the cart. If I know I'm not going to make I excuse me.

Patti H said...

Something stinks in here!

I know what you mean Stacy some people just take things for granted and don't think they need to say thanks! I am with Lori I am not on your blog list either so thanks in advance for adding me! LOL

Carrie said...

Stacy, I read this blog entry yesterday before I went to work, and then NOTICED every rude person that lacked manners. Like the woman who was getting ready to walk out the door, and a really nice older man said, "Here ya go, I'll hold the door for ya." and she just completely ignored the fact that he was there, like the door just MAGICALLY stood open for her highness. She never said so much as a thank you to that guy.

I don't know if it was your blog about it that had me set off or the fact that A.F. is on her way and I was moody. Maybe both. But that woman just Ticked me off!