Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday Wild Earth!

I have fallen on the wayside in the blogging world again. I suck! lol So happy belated birthday to the crew of Wild Earth (the Djuma cam I watch). It has been a year since they went live and what a wonderful experience they have brought to so many people online. If you are at all interested, they have a new venture happening and you can read it on their blog that is listed on my list to the right -------->

Here are a couple "Birthday" shots I managed to get on Sunday.



I was finally able to catch almost a full evening drive today with Pieter and Rexon. Alex is on leave now. Pieter is finally back from his trip to Namibia. I hope it went well and I really hope he is able to post some of his photos on the WE blog. He is an amazing photographer. Anyhow..tonight was an awesome drive. Apparently a lone lioness had made a kill recently and tonight the cams got to watch her consume some of the male impala that was taken down. Then she made her way to have a drink and we got an ever better look at her. Just beautiful. Then Pieter's keen eye caught a mongoose and I managed to catch a couple of screen shots. THEN just out of the corner of his eye, Pieter saw one of Karula's offspring (leopard).


Anyhow...here are some screenshots from tonights drive at Djuma.






1 comment:

Cheri Pryor said...

I can see why you are addicted. That would seriously mesmerize me for hours! lol!