Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Mapogo Pride






I was lucky enough to catch this pride of male lions twice in one day (on two separate game drives at Djuma). Pieter, the guide, has named one of them Leonidas and another Mr T (and from the screenshot I took, you will see why he has that name). Just an amazing couple of days on the drives at Djuma.



I have become a Wild Earth Cam junky though. I geek out every time the camera goes mobile. I take screenshots left, right and center. I email the command center to ask questions (which they answer on the drive...it's pretty kewl). Oh and I totally become a dork when they answer my questions on the camera. Yes I get all excited when I hear Pieter say "we have a question from Stacy". I stay up until all hours of the morning hoping to catch a glimpse of the ever elusive elephants of Djuma or to see a pride of lions hunting.



I know I have issues...I will be the first to admit it. But I will continue to hop on the Land Rover twice a day with the guides and take my drive through the Djuma game reserve. Going to South Africa is on my life list and I really hope to travel there so I can experience it in the flesh.









No comments: