Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday

Again I am squeaking under the wire on my post. My short rant this week is:





My Addiction to Africam/Djuma/Pete's Pond Cams




Some of you may know that I have this problem. I can NOT seem to kick it and just when I think I can live without it, it comes back with a vengeance! Hi...my name is Stacy and I am live African web cam addict.





I had pretty much calmed down with my addiction for a few months. Then when extremely bored one fine evening I decided to just have ONE peek at Nkorho and Pete's. Well I open my link I had tucked away in my favourites that has 3 cams running at once. And what pray tell do I see??? My heart skipped a beat, I had palpitations....they were doing a game drive on the Djuma cam live!! Over the next few days I got their schedule down and realised that they did this game drive twice a day every day barring any technical difficulties.





Yes, I needed this like I need another hole in the head. More reason to keep the cams on all day long and to run to my computer screen anytime I hear a noise out of the ordinary. So now...I drive along with Peter and Alex everyday scouting out animal tracks and possibly catching a sighting of a lion. (which by the way I did see the other day...see my photo...she is of the Styx pride if you are wondering lol Yes I AM that geeky and I take screenshots) I WILL go to one of these places at some point in my life...it is officially on my Bucket List!





So right now...I am counting down the minutes to the morning game drive. Peter should be picking me up shortly and away we will go for an hour. Gotta go wait for my ride! lol








5 comments:

Robyn said...

I haven't gotten addicted yet. I couldn't leave the thing on, my daughter would be all over the net. It is pretty cool though.

April said...

The Africam is pretty cool! I try not to watch it that much because I could sit there all night waiting for something to happen!
I think your addiction to it is pretty funny! I like your screen-shots.

Unknown said...

Lol....have fun on your drive!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

When I first discovered the webcams last year I thought they were really cool, but I was never on at a time when there were animals around so I never went back. I will try the links you had and see if I have better luck.

Leslie said...

I wondered if you were still watching Africa...now I know. I haven't been on there in so long...after seeing those shots...I must find my links (tucked away on my favorites list as well) and see what I see. There are still so many animals I'd love to catch on there besides a baboon picking its butt!