Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday

I have decided to join a few online friends in something they have started to blog. Every Thursday they pick a random topic to blog about. Could be anything...so here is mine for the week.

To Cuddle or Not to Cuddle...that is the question

I am all for some physical affection as are most people. People need that feeling of closeness to one another. You see some couples walking down the street having to touch the other person at all times. You see those people who almost starve for that physical closeness. I am NOT one of those people.

I am very touchy feely with my own kids. There is nothing I like better than a cuddle on the couch with my kids, hugs and kisses for no reason whatsoever other than they just felt like it at the time. Even with dh, I am not overly touchy...and he isn't either (thank God because I couldn't handle it lol).

Am I weird, I wonder? Ok, that was a totally redundant question. Am I missing that female gene that wants that physical closeness? Seriously...I don't even like to cuddle after sex. I like the sex part just not that huggy part afterwards. I feel that I have gotten all of my intimate feelings out during sex that a kiss and rolling over to sleep is enough for "afterplay". I am sure that dh is appreciative that I don't drape myself over him and require that half hour of lovey dovey shit that most guys really get over after the first few times you have sex with them. lol

I don't even really like hugging people all that much. Mind you aftersome beer I will hug anyone but we aren't talking about extenuating circumstances now, are we? lol I just can not handle people who always like to touch you when they are talking to you. It irks me to no end. Funny thing is that I am not a germaphobe. So that isn't the reason I don't like close talkers and touchy talkers. I am big on personal space though, so that must be it.

So again...I wonder...am I the only person who just isn't a cuddler? There must be more women like me out there somewhere in cyberland.

NON CUDDLERS UNITE!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I'll join you, I hate to cuddle - except when I'm sad

Robyn said...

I also love to cuddle my daughter, I like it with my husband once in a while, when you need it KWIM. But I feel fake hugging and such a lot of the time and feel I have to because it's the proper thing to do.

April said...

I'm sort of a cuddler with DH. However, I am not a touchy feely type. I don't like close talkers or people who have to hug and kiss you every time they see you, or people who touch you when they talk to you. I can't stand that stuff, in fact, I run! lol
I'm not really a germ phobe, but I am conscious of germs.

Nancyroo said...

I am not a "kissy face". that's what my grandma used to call it, LOL. I cannot stop cuddling my kid though! I am constantly hugging and kissing him. Dh though, not so much. He calls me the ice queen.

jessica said...

i'm new to your blog, great tft topic. i got her from kristi's blog. i love to cuddle with the kids but alas, they are not cuddlers. they like their space. i like to hug people (not everyone, certain paople, mostly family and close friends) as a greeting and departure thing. with DH, i like to cuddle in general. but i'm with you, not afterwards. i'm too WARM :) ha ha.
my blog

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

My man is NOT a cuddler, doesn't even like hugs most of the time. I love hugs, but I cannot cuddle for long periods of time...its too uncomfortable!!! I like my space in bed too...he has his half of the king size bed and so do I!